Tuesday, April 3rd, 2007
I don’t normally write about the work of the Open Rights Group here because it seems a little off topic, but we have a really important fundraising event coming up on 11 April in London that I’d like to give a wee bit of bloggy love to. This is cross-posted from Chocolate and Vodka.
It’s just over a week til the Open Rights Group’s Support ORG (and Party!) event, at which there will be public domain DJs, free culture goodie bags and the chance to win some really cool schwag. Our special guest speaker is the wonderful Danny O’Brien, who is always fantastic value for money and well worth coming along to see. So, if that sounds like fun, come along - it’s free! Well… it’s sort of free - we just ask that you bring someone who might like to become a new ORG supporter.
If you can’t make it, then you can still support ORG by buying a raffle ticket for just £2.50 (link to PayPal is at the bottom of that page). Prizes up for grabs include:
- a signed copy of Code 2.0 from Lawrence Lessig
- £150 in O’Reilly book vouchers
- a signed copy of the Gowers Review of Intellectual Property from Andrew Gowers
- a signed copy of Bruce Schneier’s Beyond Fear
- a set of a dozen Beatpick compilations
- a signed author’s galley of Cory Doctorow’s next novel, Little Brother and the opportunity to be written into it
- … and the pièce de résistance, as far as I am concerned - a ‘very battered keyboard with a key missing and everything!‘, signed by our Patron, Neil Gaiman.
Many thanks to everyone who has donated! Buy your tickets on the night, or online via PayPal. At £2.50 each, they’re a snip!
Oh… and also, please blog about this as widely as you can. ORG has a busy year ahead and we really need to spread the word - your blog post is as valuable a way of showing support for the work that ORG does as buying a raffle ticket or becoming a supporter.